Chance

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

In maths rotations today we talked about 'chance' words. As part of teacher time 1C posted on 1B and 1C's blog in New Gisborne, Victoria. Ms Hunichen and Mrs Hollands had asked "Can you think of an event that is impossible? Can you think of something that is certain?"


 
Here are some of our posts:

It is impossible for my eyes to poke out. It is certain that I will go to Mcdonalds after dancing today. – Ella


It is impossible for bananas to fly. It is certain that I will go home after school today. – Bradley

It is impossible for the sun to fall out of the sky. It is certain it will be dark at night. – Michael

It is impossible that a shark will fly. It is certain that I will have dinner tonight. – Ellah
It is impossible that the sun will fall out of the sky. It is certain that I will go home after school today. – Jennifer

It is impossible that our classroom will fly. It is certain that I will go to bed tonight. – Braith

They even replied after our posts:
Dear Mrs Thorburn and wonderful children

Thank You so much for all of your impossible and certain events. I loved reading them all. I think it would be fun if our classrooms could fly though. Imagine all of the wonderful places we would be able to visit.

From Miss Hunichen, Mrs Hollands and 1B and 1C

1 comment:

  1. I really enjoyed reading your "impossible" and "certain" sentences! What a fun way to learn. We are a classroom on Vancouver Island, off the west coast of Canada. We only have five more days of school before our summer break. Thanks for commenting on our blog and for sharing yours!

    ReplyDelete